Brief Introduction to Policies
Health and Safety
David Paradine will take all reasonable measures to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees in fulfilment of its moral, legal and economic responsibilities.
These measures will also be aimed at protecting others who may be affected by our day to day work activities and without prejudice to previous paragraph the Company will so far as reasonably practical:
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health.
- Arrange for ensuring safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, storage, handling and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of our employees.
- Maintain work places under the company’s control in a condition that is safe, without risks to health and maintain means of access.
- Provide and maintain a working environment that is safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards to facilities and arrangements for the welfare of the employees at work.
All employees have a legal duty not only to work in a safe manner, but also to co-operate in efforts made by the Company to create safe working conditions.
We recognise our construction activities may have a significant impact on the environment and that practical concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of our business and also that of our clients.
We are committed to promoting the continual improvement of our environmental performance and to the prevention of pollution through the design and construction of our projects. We aim to operate our business in an environmentally sustainable manner. We endeavour to achieve this through the development and implementation of an Environmental Management System.
Our Environmental Management System follows the general guidelines of ISO 14001.
The company will aim to ensure that (where practical) materials purchased will have a recycled content and have a minimal negative impact on the environment. We will endeavour to influence our major suppliers to minimise the negative impact of their operations on the environment.
We seek to comply with pertinent environmental legislation and regulations concerning our activities whilst delivering quality projects efficiently and with minimum disruption to the environment. Best available techniques will be employed where construction works can affect the environment. These decisions are based on professional advice and close liaison with relevant authorities and agencies to minimise adverse environmental impact.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and members of our supply chain.